Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Love That Split The World Review

The Love That Split The World
by Emily Henry

Normally I never would have bought this book for myself, but I received this in one of my recent OwlCrate boxes, and I included this in my May TBR pile, so I felt like I had to read it. The first half of this book mostly felt like contemporary to me, and that's probably why I didn't really like it. I'm fairly picky when it comes to what contemporary books I like, and most contemporary novels I read end up having pretty much the same story line. Girl meets boy.


However, the second half of this book was definitely more interesting to me. It kind of focused less on the boy/friend/family issues, and more on the supernatural aspect of the plot.

This book is based on time/world travel, which of course is a hard topic to explain and write about, so I'm not sure I fully understand what was really happening but I think I get the gist of it. Some of the passages that explained the travel were pretty confusing, and I had to reread them a few times. 

Overall, I gave this book 3/5 stars, and I would recommend it to people who really enjoy contemporary writing. 

Buy TLTSTW from Book Depository and get FREE shipping!


Connect with me
Twitter
Goodreads
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment