Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Serpent King Review

The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
Published March 2016

I received this book in one of my OwlCrate boxes, I believe it was the March Box. After I read the summary of the book, I was hesitant to read it because I couldn't tell what it was really about, and it was contemporary, and normally I don't read contemporary because I find it boring. I'm much more of a fantasy girl. 

But then I finished reading Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, and I only had a few books in my dorm room, so I decided to try this one, and I am so glad I did!

This book is a wonderful story about three teenagers who live in Tennessee and are all getting ready for their lives after college. This book talked about many themes that I think are very relevant in teens lives nowadays, and it did it in a very realistic way. If anyone is feeling sad or confused about what the heck they are supposed to do after high school or even college, I would recommend reading this. If you enjoy Rainbow Rowell, or John Green then you will definitely like this book. Although Zentner did pull some John Green-esque moves that made me want to cry. That's all the warning you get. 

I gave this book 5/5 stars on Goodreads, and added it to my favorites shelf. It's definitely a book I will be rereading sometime in the future. Also, I started posting more pictures of what I'm reading and my OwlCrate unboxing on my Instagram. 

Find Jeff here: http://www.jeffzentnerbooks.com

Find me on:
Goodreads: maevereads
Twitter: maevereads
Instagram: maevereads
Pinterest: theparabatai

No comments:

Post a Comment