Monday, May 2, 2016

April Wrap-Up & May TBR

Happy May! This is the first wrap-up and TBR (to-be-read) post that I've done. I'm going to start doing these at the end of every month. I would like to take my own pictures of each book I include on here, but since I'm at school and living in a tiny dorm room, I am constantly swapping out which books I have with me and which ones are at home. Not to mention my dorm room has no nice places to take pictures of books. So until the summer pictures from google will have to do. So here are the books I read in April (in the order I read them):


Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) 
by Cassandra Clare

After Lady Midnight came out I decided to reread the whole Shadowhunters book series. Mostly because I'm not emotionally ready to read Lady Midnight and then wait so long for the next book. So I'm putting it off by reading the whole series again. Cassandra recommends reading the books in a slightly strange order (her words) and that's what I'm doing. Read about it here.







Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices: Manga #1)
by Cassandra Clare art by Hyekyung Baek

I have wanted to read these manga editions for such a longtime and finally I caved and bought it at Barnes and Noble.The illustrations in this book are GORGEOUS! Especially of Camille. I have a crush on manga-version of Camille. Also the TV-version, played by Kaitlyn Leeb. I rewatched that scene where she said "I smell angel blood" about a thousand times. Anyways, these manga editions also work as a refresher for the books if you don't feel like rereading the actual book.















  Child of the Dark: The Diary of Carolina Maria de Jesus

  This book was one of the required readings for my Latin
  American History class I'm taking this semester. Carolina
  was such a strong woman and not enough people know
  about her and her story. A great feminist reading. 

















       Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) 
       by Cassandra Clare

       The second book in the Infernal Devices series that
       follows Will, Tessa, and Jem. Also one of my favorite
       series EVER.

       Cassandra Clare










    Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga #2)
    by Cassandra Clare art by Hyekyung Baek
















    The Serpent King
    by Jeff Zentner

    I wrote a review of this book in my previous post that
     you should definitely check out. Spoiler alert, I loved
     this book. 

     Jeff Zentner
     My review











      Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) 
      by Cassandra Clare

       The third and final and my favorite book in The Infernal
       DevicesI was planning on following the pattern I had
       going where I read the book then the mange version,
       but I haven't been able to find the Clockwork Princess
       mango version in a book store yet!

       Cassandra Clare









 The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1)
 by Maggie Stiefvater

I have another book obsession, which I did not need. This book is SO GOOD. I will be posting a full review soon. Fun fact: next semester I'm transferring to the college (University of Mary Washington) that Maggie Stiefvater went to. Also my book is signed courtesy of my local bookstore. 










In total I read eight books this month! Now for my May TBR:


The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2)
by Maggie Stiefvater




















           Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3)
           by Maggie Stiefvater


















           The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4)
           by Maggie Stiefvater



















            City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4)
            by Cassandra Clare

            Reread


















            The Love That Split the World
            by Emily Henry























Follow me:
Twitter maevereads
Goodreads maevereads
Pinterest theparabatai
Instagram maevereads

No comments:

Post a Comment